The immediate aftermath of an auto accident can be chaotic. The days and weeks afterward only get more stressful. You may be struggling just to get medical treatment and make transportation arrangements, all while missing time from work. Then there’s the added frustration of not knowing how long it will take to get back on your feet.
At Butler Law Firm, we understand what you are going through. We are here to make your life easier during this difficult time. Our knowledgeable team of respected Atlanta personal injury lawyers will help you understand your legal rights and manage all the details of your personal injury claim. Our law firm will fight for the full compensation you need to get through this and move forward with your life.
Contact us today for a free consultation on your case. Our attorneys are here to answer all your questions, whenever you need us.
Why Choose Butler Law Firm to Handle Your Car Accident Case?
Butler Law Firm has earned an outstanding reputation throughout Georgia for providing top-quality legal representation with a focus on personalized customer service. Clients choose our law firm because:
- Our law firm limits the number of cases we take so we can devote our full attention and resources to your case. We focus on quality representation, not quantity of cases.
- Insurance companies and defense lawyers know we mean business. We are aggressive in fighting for your best interests. Insurance companies know we will go to trial if that’s what is necessary. Our reputation as fierce advocates gives us an advantage in settlement negotiations.
- Our attorneys focus on maximizing results for you. We want to make sure our clients are not left with unexpected expenses and losses down the line. That’s why we often work with experts to assess the full extent of damages in a case.
- Our attorneys are always available to speak directly with you. We answer your calls and emails. You never have to worry about whether you will be able to get ahold of us.
- We are straight shooters. We pride ourselves on being honest and ethical. When we say we will do something, we do it.
If you are ready to get started on your case, contact our car accident lawyers in Atlanta now. The consultation is free, and there are no fees unless we recover money for you.
How Our Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Will Take the Pressure Off You
After an auto accident, you may have a lot going through your mind. How will you get your car fixed? Who is going to cover your medical bills, especially if you don’t have health insurance? How long will you be out of work? Our car accident lawyers are here to answer those questions and get you started on the road to recovery. When you choose Butler Law Firm, our team will:
- Immediately review your case for free, talk you through your legal options, and answer all your questions
- Help you resolve pressing concerns such as finding a doctor or dealing with impending medical bills
- Deal with law enforcement and insurance companies as we launch an investigation into your crash to determine who was at fault
- Identify all possible sources of compensation for your losses
- Document your injuries and keep track of the treatment you are receiving
- Work with you to determine all your related losses, including lost income due to your injuries
- Hire respected experts to assess how your injuries will affect you in the future
- Fight aggressively for the maximum compensation you deserve
- Handle every single detail of your case from start to finish, so you can focus on your health
The personal injury claims process is intimidating for people who do not have to do it every day for a living. Insurance adjusters are pros at it. Insurance companies are managing thousands of automobile accident claims daily. — This means your case is just a number to that insurance adjuster. A dollar figure they want to keep as low as possible and pay as soon as possible, because it’s in their best interest. If you settle with them before you know the full extent of your injuries, you will likely miss out on pursuing additional damages in the future.
While you’re recovering, the best thing you can do for yourself and your family is focus on getting better. Your time is better spent on nursing your injuries than negotiating with an insurance company. An Atlanta accident attorney from Butler Law Firm will step in to manage all aspects of your case. We will control the conversation with the insurance companies. We won’t settle unless it’s in your best interest.
When Do You Need an Attorney After a Car Accident?
Many people wonder whether it’s worth it to hire an auto accident attorney after a crash. After all, the insurance adjuster seems nice. So do you really need a lawyer involved? To truth is: If you have been hurt, you should talk to a lawyer. There are many ways that your injury may affect you, not just now but in the future. An experienced personal injury attorney will work to maximize your claim for compensation in ways that you would not have considered. Your attorney will also work to protect your best interests throughout your case and ensure the insurance company does not take advantage of you.
Remember: The insurance company is not on your side. The insurer’s goal is to minimize payouts as much as possible.
What Is Your Case Worth?
Don’t be fooled by online “settlement calculators” or a volume-based law firm’s razzle-dazzle: nobody who is being honest with you can tell you right of the bat what your case is worth. The reason is that the value of your case depends on information that is not immediately available, such as the course of necessary medical treatment, the available insurance limits, and (in some cases) the at-fault driver’s driving history.” Our personal injury attorneys will need to conduct an in-depth investigation into your crash to identify all possible sources of compensation. We will also need to thoroughly assess your injuries and all the resulting damages. Once we have a thorough accounting of your losses, we can demand the full compensation you deserve.
Some of the common types of compensation we pursue for clients include payment for:
- Medical expenses, such as ER visits, doctor appointments, surgeries, rehabilitation costs, and future treatment needs
- Lost wages for the time you miss from work due to your injuries
- Loss of future income if you are unable to return to work or are forced to ultimately take a lesser paying job due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering, including both physical and emotional pain you experienced after the accident
Do not trust an insurance adjuster to tell you the value of your case. Let an experienced Atlanta auto injury lawyer from Butler Law Firm review your claim for free and explain what full compensation should include. If you have been offered a settlement, do not agree to anything or sign anything without talking to a good lawyer about it.
When Car Accidents Result in Wrongful Death
The most tragic cases our firm handles involve families who have lost loved ones in wrecks that should have been prevented. Our attorneys and staff provide both the emotional and legal support needed during this difficult time. We help families demand answers and justice for their loved ones. Although no amount of money can erase the grief families feel, our law firm pursues the maximum compensation allowed under the law to help alleviate families’ financial burdens after a wrongful death.
We do not charge any fees upfront to begin work on these types of cases. In fact, you do not pay us unless we recover money for your family. Contact us now for a free consultation to learn how we can help.
How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Claim After a Car Accident?
If you were hurt in an auto collision, there is a limited amount of time to file a claim for compensation. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations. In Georgia, the statute of limitations on personal injury claims is typically two years from the date of the accident. However, that time limit could be significantly shorter depending on the specific circumstances of your case.
To ensure that time does not run out on your claim, you should speak with a knowledgeable Atlanta car accident attorney as soon as possible. Contact our firm now to talk to a lawyer for free.
Protecting Your Rights After a Car Crash
It may seem like you have no control over what is happening in the moments, days, and weeks after a car wreck. But there are actually many steps you can take to protect your rights after a crash. For example:
- Report the accident. Call the authorities to report the accident. The responding officers will collect evidence at the scene, possibly ticket the at-fault driver, and file a report with their findings. This can be helpful for your car accident injury claim.
- Document the scene. If you can, take photos of the vehicles and drivers involved. Get a picture of the other person’s driver’s license and insurance card. Take photos of your injuries, too. If you are not in a position to take photos, you can ask someone else at the scene to take them and send them to you.
- Get the contact information for any witnesses. Your lawyer can follow up with them to get a statement about what they saw.
- See a doctor immediately. Even if you don’t feel like you need an ambulance, you should see a doctor right away. This ensures you get proper diagnosis and treatment. It also can help uncover and treat injuries you may not notice immediately, such as internal bleeding. This medical record of your injuries and treatment will be important as you begin your personal injury claim.
- Save receipts, invoices, bills, and paperwork. Start a file for all the paperwork you receive related to your crash. Save everything to give to your attorney. It can also be helpful to start a journal about how you are feeling and how your injuries are affecting your daily life.
- Talk to an Atlanta car accident attorney as soon as possible. At Butler Law Firm, we will work quickly to investigate your crash and preserve evidence. We will also manage all communication with the insurance companies and at-fault party. Our team takes the pressure off you, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
How to Handle Insurance Companies
Soon after your accident, you may be contacted by the insurance company of the negligent party. An adjuster may ask to get an official statement from you, or the insurer may just ask you to answer some questions for clarification purposes. No matter how nice these people might seem, their intentions are not in your best interest. What you tell them could be used against you.
You do not have to speak to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. The best thing to do is tell them you will have an attorney contact them. Do not answer any questions. Do not sign anything. Do not accept any payment. Just contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Georgia
The sad truth is that most car accidents could be prevented. Our team has investigated thousands of auto accidents, and we typically uncover that one party’s negligence is to blame. When this is the case, that party should be held responsible for the damages caused.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Georgia are:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to signal
- Failing to yield or stop
- Unsafe lane changes
- Improper vehicle maintenance (common with commercial vehicles)
- Defective auto parts
- Poor road conditions
An immediate and thorough investigation is crucial to determine the cause of your crash. Our car accident law firm will work quickly to preserve evidence and identify all liable parties.
Common Injuries Sustained from Car Accidents
When you trust an Atlanta car crash lawyer from our firm to handle your claim, we will gather extensive documentation of your injuries. Our firm has earned a reputation for helping crash victims recover maximum compensation after severe and life-threatening injuries. We have helped people coping with:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Skull or head injuries
- Internal damage
- Severed limbs
- Shoulder injuries
- Torn muscles or ligaments
- Cuts, abrasions, and lacerations
- Permanent disability
Regardless of what type of injury you endured, you should learn about your legal right to compensation. Contact us now to talk to a car accident lawyer in Atlanta about the details of your case.
Talk to an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Now
Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone. Call Butler Law Firm today. We will immediately review your accident case and make recommendations to move forward. And it won’t cost you a thing.
Our team does not get paid unless you get paid. You won’t owe us anything until your settlement or damages award is paid.
The longer you go without protection from our team, the more you are at risk. First, your health is at risk if you don’t prioritize getting better. Second, your settlement could be at risk. Anything you say to the insurance companies could be held against you. They will try to get ahold of all of your medical records, even ones unrelated to the crash. They will look for reasons why you may have been negligent in the crash. They will try to pay you little or nothing at all. Our car accident lawyers in Atlanta are skilled at managing these tactics. We have fought and won for many crash victims throughout Georgia. Now it’s time for our car accident law firm in Atlanta to help you. Contact us now to get started with a free case review.