Wrongful Death Lawsuit Atlanta Georgia
Losing a loved one is always difficult. However, when that death is caused by another person’s negligence, it can be even more devastating to deal with. In this situation, you have the right to bring a wrongful death lawsuit in Atlanta Georgia against the negligent party. The individual responsible for your loved one’s death should be held accountable for their carelessness.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
A wrongful death lawsuit in Atlanta Georgia is designed to bring justice to the deceased and provide the necessary compensation for surviving family members. In Georgia, only a select few are permitted to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party.
- – Spouse: The first person who can file a wrongful death lawsuit is the spouse of the deceased. The spouse can also file the lawsuit on behalf of any children of the deceased who are under 18.
- – Parents of the Deceased: If the deceased person wasn’t married or had any children, his or her parents could file the wrongful death claim.
- – Estate Representative: If there is no surviving spouse, children or parents, the wrongful death lawsuit can be filed by a designated estate representative.
What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
If your family member’s death was caused by someone else’s negligence, you don’t have unlimited time to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Atlanta Georgia. In Georgia, you have to file the lawsuit within two years of your family member’s death. After that deadline is up, you no longer have the right to pursue compensation.
Should You Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
Wrongful death lawsuits can involve many complexities. That’s why it’s in your best interest to hire a wrongful death lawyer Atlanta, GA residents trust from Butler Law Firm. Here are some of the benefits of working with a lawyer.
- – Knows the Value of Your Claim: Through many years of experience, a wrongful death lawyer knows how to properly value your wrongful death lawsuit in Atlanta Georgia. Your lawyer will consider all aspects, such as funeral expenses and loss of earnings, before determining a value.
- – Negotiate With Insurance Company: Insurance companies are in the business of making money and may do whatever it takes to avoid paying you what you truly deserve for a wrongful death claim. A skilled wrongful death lawyer knows how to negotiate with insurance companies and won’t let them take advantage of you.
- – Provide Emotional Support: Losing someone to wrongful death can take a toll on you emotionally. A good wrongful death lawyer will also provide you with the support you need to get through this difficult time.
If you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Atlanta Georgia, you should contact a wrongful death lawyer today. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation.