Scooter Lawyer Georgia
If you were injured while using a Lime or Bird electric scooter, you should consult a scooter lawyer Georgia residents can count on such as Butler Law Firm.
Throughout Georgi and the U.S., electric scooters from companies like Lime and Bird, can be found. These allow people to zoom around the city and drop them off for another waiting person. In Georgia, they are one of the most popular methods of transportation. The issue with the electric scooters is that many people are treating them as if they are a toy. Furthermore, no licensing or training is required. All that’s needed to rent one is to download the app and enter a credit card number.
How Electric Scooters May Be Unsafe
As a scooter lawyer Georgia has to offer, we have known about accidents that involve riders, pedestrians, or drivers of vehicles. Many of these accidents have involved:
– Defective scooter
– Riding without a helmet
– Children using the electric scooter
– Riding on the sidewalks
– Abandoning the scooter in unsafe areas, like the middle of a busy pathway
– Leaving the scooter in a handicapped accessible area
– Two people riding the scooter at the same time
– Swerving in and out of pedestrians paths
If you were injured while using an electric scooter, [law firm name] would like to speak to you. For a consultation with an electric scooter lawyer in Georgia, call us today.
Electric scooters may go up to 15 miles per hour. Although that might seem slow, if you’re hit by a car, serious injuries can result. Some of the risks for using these scooters as a transportation mode include:
– You are less visible to other vehicles
– Scooters are prone to vandalism (i.e. the brake line may be unknowingly cut)
– There is nothing to protect you
– Most electric scooter riders are young at have high risk behavior
– Hitting any type of road hazard or debris could be dangerous
– If you lock the front brake, you may be thrown over the scooter
– Electric scooters may be unstable
– Many riders are inexperienced
As a scooter lawyer Georgia trusts, we have had an increase in calls from Lime and Bird users, or family members, who were injured in an accident because of a defective scooter. Electric scooters are subjected to ongoing wear and tear. As a result, the risk of them malfunctioning is very high. Both Lime and Bird ask users to report any problems to the company; however, many fail to do so. If you believe your electric scooter was somehow defective, you should call a Georgia scooter lawyer.
Butler Tobin or Personal Injury Claims Involving an Electric Scooter
Georgia laws are not specific in regards to liability, negligence, and electric scooters. This means when an accident occurs, filing a claim for monetary compensation may be difficult. A thorough investigation will likely be required. In general, you should have an electric scooter lawyer on your side.
For a consultation with a scooter lawyer Georgia victims can count on, call Butler Tobin.