Stephanie Bowen grew up in Brandon, Florida. When she graduated from high school, she enlisted in the military. Stephanie joined the Air Force in 2003 and had the opportunity to travel the world and support fellow service members with lodging, fitness, dining and help when deployed. She served in the Air Force for ten years.
After an honorable discharge from the Air Force, Stephanie went back to school. She graduated from Strayer University in 2015 with Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. While attending Strayer University, her Dean approached her and asked if she would like to intern for a local law firm. She took the opportunity and realized that she had found her passion.
Stephanie attended University of Georgia in 2016 to complete her paralegal certification. Through the years working as a paralegal, she has worked cases from start to finish, handling both litigation and pre-litigation work. She particularly enjoys interacting with her clients. She believes that the beginning of the case is crucial and having a good working relationship is key as the case continues.
Outside of work, you will catch Stephanie hanging out with her pup (Lily), spending time with close friends, traveling, and trying new recipes in the kitchen.
Below please have a look at Lily, and enjoy Steph’s chocolate chip cookie recipe!
A favorite recipe I make more often then I should:
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 tablespoons of salted butter
- ½ cup of white sugar (honestly any preferred sugar is good)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour (add more if needed)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (I always add a little bit extra)
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips (or till your heart’s desire)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave the butter for about 30-40 seconds. (barely melted, not hot) but should be almost be entirely in liquid form.
- Use mixer or to beat butter with sugars until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs at this time; mix on low speed for 10-15 seconds or so. (any longer the cookies will be stiff)
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until its in crumble form. Use hands or spatula to press the crumbles together into a dough. Add chocolate chips and incorporate with your hands.
- Roll dough into 12 (or 9 for HUGELY awesome cookies) and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy. PLEASE DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Let them cool on the pan for a good 20-30 minutes. They will sink down and turn into these dense, buttery, soft cookies that are the best in all the land.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Strayer University
- Paralegal Certificate Program, University of Georgia