Alyssa is an associate attorney with Butler Tobin. Alyssa specializes in the practice areas of product liability, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, and sexual assault. She has worked on a number of cases tried to verdict since she began practicing, and has experience in every stage of litigation.
Alyssa grew up in Cumming, Georgia, where she attended South Forsyth High School, and then attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she had the great luck of watching her Tar Heels win a national championship. Alyssa returned to Atlanta for law school at Emory University School of Law.
While at Emory University School of Law, she served as an executive member of both the Emory Moot Court Society and the Emory Public Interest Committee. Alyssa’s Moot Court team advanced to Nationals in the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition in 2014, an honor reserved for 10 teams across the nation.
Alyssa was admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 2014, and the Georgia Bar in 2015.
During college, Alyssa volunteered as a crisis hotline responder and at the Orange County Rape Crisis Center. It was these experiences and the desire to help individuals suffering through unspeakable tragedies that drew her to plaintiff’s work. Alyssa has built a reputation of working hard, working fast, and always going the extra mile for her clients, and there’s nothing she enjoys more than achieving a just outcome for those who have been terribly wronged.
Alyssa lives in Midtown, Atlanta. Outside of work, Alyssa enjoys hiking, reading, painting, and exploring Atlanta’s thriving restaurant scene. She also serves as the Chair of GreenLaw’s Leadership Council, which provides community groups with the legal and technical tools needed to protect their environment and public health, and as a member of the Shepherd Center Junior Committee.
- Emory University School of Law, with Honors
- Emory Public Interest Committee Board Member and Grant Recipient
- Emory Moot Court Society Executive Board Member
- Emory Order of the Advocate
- University of North Carolina, with distinction
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Public Service Scholar
- Conley Griggs Partin, LLP
- The Honorable Steve C. Jones, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Richardson Patrick Westbrook & Brickman
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Legislative Affairs Committee
- 2017-2018 GTLA LEAD class
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Shepherd Center Junior Committee
- Leadership Council Chair
PAPERS & PRESENTATIONS
- Litigating and Winning Car Accidents, CLE at Nelson Mullins (2018)
- Spring 2018: Protective Orders: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love O.C.G.A. § 9-11-26(c), The Verdict, Georgia Trial Lawyer Association Magazine.
- Fall 2015: Getting Out-of-State Evidence: Domesticating a Subpoena, The Verdict, Georgia Trial Lawyer Association Magazine.
- 2014: Determining the ‘Sweet Spot” for the Federal Government in Residential Mortgage Finance, ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law, Volume 23-1
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Georgia, including the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court
- South Carolina
- United States Court – Northern District